Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Can I add to iMessage autofill predictive text suggestions?

I frequently need to send someone my email address in iMessage and I'd like my address to show up in the top bar autofill/suggested text so I don't have to type it out and potentially get it wrong. My personal Gmail address will pop up as a suggestion once I type the first few letters, sometimes, but my work email address never does. My work email is saved in my contact card and I type it out in iMessage regularly but it never pops up to "autofill" as a suggestions like my Gmail sometimes does. Is there a way to add to the suggested "words"?

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Hi JL70115,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your email address is not showing up to make typing it easier. For your secondary email address, you can create a text replacement to allow it to auto-populate when you type specific characters.

Create a text replacement
1. While typing in a text field, touch and hold the Next Keyboard, Emoji key or the Switch Keyboard key.
2. Tap Keyboard Settings, then tap Text Replacement.
3. Tap the Add button at the top right.
4. Type a phrase in the Phrase field and the text shortcut you want to use for it in the Shortcut field.

You can find these steps in Save keystrokes with text replacements on iPhone - Apple Support.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2023 8:56 AM in response to JL70115

Hi JL70115,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your email address is not showing up to make typing it easier. For your secondary email address, you can create a text replacement to allow it to auto-populate when you type specific characters.

Create a text replacement
1. While typing in a text field, touch and hold the Next Keyboard, Emoji key or the Switch Keyboard key.
2. Tap Keyboard Settings, then tap Text Replacement.
3. Tap the Add button at the top right.
4. Type a phrase in the Phrase field and the text shortcut you want to use for it in the Shortcut field.

You can find these steps in Save keystrokes with text replacements on iPhone - Apple Support.

Regards.

Can I add to iMessage autofill predictive text suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.