Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Safari 16.5 does not auto play video while 16.1 do

This issue is with safari 16.5 as it does not auto play video even if I choose in settings for the website to auto play videos, the same webpage I have try with my old Mac with Big Sur and safari 16.1 and it work fine , and it should work as the video has no sound , I compare all settings and both safari settings for this web page is identical.

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 5:58 PM

Hi ostoura,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: Safari 16.5 does not auto play video while 16.1 do

Wondering which Mac you are using Safari 16.5 on, and which Mac OS is installed.

ie: What's new in the updates for macOS Ventura - Apple Support says MacOS 13.4

Eg: You might want to check if autoplay on all websites is blocked:

For Ventura

(or choose your MacOS version at the top of the article that opens from the link )

Stop autoplay videos in Safari on Mac – Apple Support

Else:

You may want to send Feedback to Apple about the situation. They will likely not reply, yet if others are also experiencing the same issue, we may see an update that addresses that.

Webform for feedback:

Feedback - Safari - Apple

All the best :-)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2023 5:58 PM in response to ostoura

Hi ostoura,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: Safari 16.5 does not auto play video while 16.1 do

Wondering which Mac you are using Safari 16.5 on, and which Mac OS is installed.

ie: What's new in the updates for macOS Ventura - Apple Support says MacOS 13.4

Eg: You might want to check if autoplay on all websites is blocked:

For Ventura

(or choose your MacOS version at the top of the article that opens from the link )

Stop autoplay videos in Safari on Mac – Apple Support

Else:

You may want to send Feedback to Apple about the situation. They will likely not reply, yet if others are also experiencing the same issue, we may see an update that addresses that.

Webform for feedback:

Feedback - Safari - Apple

All the best :-)

Jun 11, 2023 11:38 AM in response to brbo

Im Using MacBook Air 13 Inch 2022 With M1 Processor the one with 7 Core Graphics Not 8 Cores , Ventura is 13.4 (22F66) And I test it with many web pages, here is an example, https://www.houseoperatingsystem.com or https://www.apple.com , in my case the autoplay videos was working fine before and still works on my Older MacBook Air 11 Inch Early 2014 With Big Sur on it And Safari 16.1, By the way now I experience some issues also with different web pages like yahoo mail, Most emails does not open at all it kinda hang the safari too that I had to force close the page , I tried clear caches and no use, it used to work fine before, I guess latest update for Ventura from 13.3 to 13.4 made this, please check if it works on same systems or its only me

And, I forgot to say that I already have tried that stop Autoplay and run it back before but it does not effect , I guess really its the new safari, is there a way to install an older safari until apple check or fix this issues ?

Jun 11, 2023 11:52 AM in response to ostoura

Ok I made it work, by shutting off the Internet Router and restart it again, this makes the video autoplay works, still some issues with yahoo, but it still strange cause same router was used for the other Mac with safari 16.1 and it was working before I restarted it, but thanks for help I guess some times this video autoplay can be stopped or conflicted with some internet providers, reseting solve the issue.

Safari 16.5 does not auto play video while 16.1 do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.