change font of Preview Version 11.0 (1044.2) mac 13.4

How to change the font when using Form Filling in Preview Version 11.0 (1044.2) Mac 13.4? Form Filling's font is too large to fit the form.

Thank you

iMac 27″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 6:54 AM

Dialabrain has already clarified this.

When one creates a PDF form, there is also the form configuration to designate the font and its attributes that control how the form field appears when text is input, and any Adobe Acrobat JavaScript (AcroJS) that programmatically governs form field automation (e.g. phone number, date formatting, etc.). And internal to the PDF, the embedded font information already tells the PDF what size of font will be used for the rest of the PDF.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2023 6:54 AM in response to Don_What

Dialabrain has already clarified this.

When one creates a PDF form, there is also the form configuration to designate the font and its attributes that control how the form field appears when text is input, and any Adobe Acrobat JavaScript (AcroJS) that programmatically governs form field automation (e.g. phone number, date formatting, etc.). And internal to the PDF, the embedded font information already tells the PDF what size of font will be used for the rest of the PDF.

Nov 9, 2023 3:11 PM in response to Don_What

You most certainly can change the font if you use Adobe Acrobat Reader, which easily performs font changes while filling out forms. Adobe Acrobat reader even pops up a font menu while you're typing. I had the same problem as the OP until 10 minutes ago. And I don't buy the claim that the font is determined by the PDF, because the particular form I'm filling out has different font sizes on each line. Why did Apple remove this functionality from Preview?

change font of Preview Version 11.0 (1044.2) mac 13.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.