Header for chapter in pages unavailable

in the pages template for books how can i change the headers for each chapter

In the view command, pages does not show the show headers and footers option. In the files command, document info does not show. In the file save option there is no save as option. What do I do?

iMac 24″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 10:39 AM

If there are no header/footer fields showing, visit the Document panel and select them as they are likely disabled by default.

To vary your header/footer content by section, on the first page of the new section, visit the Document panel > Section, and disable Match previous section.

There is no document info menu item. Pages is a clone of no other word processing application.

Use the option-key with the File menu open to see Duplicate change to Save All…

I suggest you give the following a good read: Pages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2023 10:39 AM in response to netlog34apple

If there are no header/footer fields showing, visit the Document panel and select them as they are likely disabled by default.

To vary your header/footer content by section, on the first page of the new section, visit the Document panel > Section, and disable Match previous section.

There is no document info menu item. Pages is a clone of no other word processing application.

Use the option-key with the File menu open to see Duplicate change to Save All…

I suggest you give the following a good read: Pages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Header for chapter in pages unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.