Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook - having to click & hold to move cursor in games

I just purchased a new macbook pro, 14 inch, m2 pro chipped laptop. I've not been able to properly click things in games and apps such as Roblox, Minecraft, Lunar Client, etc.

The issue I'm noticing, is that in games I cannot freely move my mouse with my mouse or trackpad, and in order to move my pointer around, I have to click and hold down while I move my mouse in order to move my pointer around.

Anything I can do to solve this? I just want to move my cursor around when I move my mouse in games, and not have a buggy/slow experience having to drag my cursor around while holding a button on my mouse. I was able to do this on my surface laptop prior to when I switched.

MacBook Pro (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 8:36 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 7, 2023 9:33 PM in response to Barney-15E

Hey, thank you for your reply. Even with my mouse turned off, I still need to fully press down and drag on my touchpad in order to move my mouse. (This issue only happens when I'm on other apps, such as steam, Roblox, Minecraft, etc.!) Regardless, I have a MX Master 3s Logitech mouse, but it isn't affecting anything.

Whenever I'm browsing the actual computer, through this even, it doesn't make me press down to move my pointer/cursor.

New MacBook - having to click & hold to move cursor in games

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.