Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charged $15.99 for 3 month free trial - apple tv

Why was I charged $15.99 for a free trial for Apple TV? I didn’t approve the charge and wasn’t even notified that I would be charged. Signed up for a 3 month free trial to try it out and was randomly charged! Of course there’s no way to talk to anyone or find out why…. So sick of constantly being ripped off.

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 7:06 AM

There is no charge for a free trial. Users get charged for staying subscribed after the trial period. For the 4th month and later.

The default billing period is monthly, but users can change it to annual for a bit of a discount. Once per 3 months is not an option for this.

Not everyone may qualify for a free trial. The extended free trials are in combination with buying an eligible product or service. What is your qualifying product or service?

For most offers, users have to redeem on their new qualifying product, else the offer may not get applied.

There will be a time limit after which the offer is no longer valid to be redeemed.

Possibly something was ordered that is not part of Apple TV+. Other streaming content or streaming services will be charged separately. E.g. Max Ad Free is 15.99/m. Some buy or rent movies may be 15.99.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2023 7:06 AM in response to Claz2023

There is no charge for a free trial. Users get charged for staying subscribed after the trial period. For the 4th month and later.

The default billing period is monthly, but users can change it to annual for a bit of a discount. Once per 3 months is not an option for this.

Not everyone may qualify for a free trial. The extended free trials are in combination with buying an eligible product or service. What is your qualifying product or service?

For most offers, users have to redeem on their new qualifying product, else the offer may not get applied.

There will be a time limit after which the offer is no longer valid to be redeemed.

Possibly something was ordered that is not part of Apple TV+. Other streaming content or streaming services will be charged separately. E.g. Max Ad Free is 15.99/m. Some buy or rent movies may be 15.99.

Oct 17, 2023 1:55 PM in response to Toni_BuffaloNY

This is a user-to-user forum. Apple doesn’t participate here. The previous reply (from me) is not from an Apple employee. Your issue seems different from the person with the original question in this thread. With that out of the way, here is some information that should help you get your offer, if you qualify (e.g. new subscriber) per Roku’s listed Terms and Conditions.

1. Starting a subscription through Apple will require a valid payment method, issued in your matching country, to be linked to your Apple ID account. That payment method will not be charged for fees until after any free trial, although there may be a minimal test charge or reservation to check the automated response of the bank or card issuer or other organization behind the payment method.
  2. The payment method for subscriptions should support periodical and automatic charges, i.e. pre-authorized, for any fees after the trial period.
  3. Verify that your Apple ID user information is complete, including: name, DoB, country (state), verified email address (respond to test message), and aforementioned payment method. Incomplete accounts can be edited at appleid.apple.com, or on most Apple devices.

Also see: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Please contact the Apple Support staff if your issue persists. They would like for you to try out this service.

Charged $15.99 for 3 month free trial - apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.