You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music stuck in preview mode

Hi,

hope someone can help me. Whenever I sign into apple music on the web, even though I have an active subscription, everything will only play in preview mode. The only other device I use apple music on is my iPhone, which is signed in with the same Apple ID.

Thanks for your insights.

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 1:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 9:21 PM

Hi All,

I've found a work around for now when using a browser. When I sign in, I go to my profile and click on settings, then I can see my region is set to South Africa ( I am from South Africa), I click on South Africa and confirm it, it then moves out of preview mode. But it goes to a 'home page' taking you away from where you were currently on. So before doing any of this, I copy the url first. Pasting it in the browser again, and I'm back to the music I want to listen to without the annoying preview mode.

It's a quick fix, but not the greatest.

Hope this helps

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2024 9:21 PM in response to arjen51

Hi All,

I've found a work around for now when using a browser. When I sign in, I go to my profile and click on settings, then I can see my region is set to South Africa ( I am from South Africa), I click on South Africa and confirm it, it then moves out of preview mode. But it goes to a 'home page' taking you away from where you were currently on. So before doing any of this, I copy the url first. Pasting it in the browser again, and I'm back to the music I want to listen to without the annoying preview mode.

It's a quick fix, but not the greatest.

Hope this helps

Dec 21, 2023 1:56 AM in response to underscorer

Many thanks, underscorer. Indeed, works when album is added into library.

That's some kind of ease, but c´mon Apple Music!!! For example playing from Browse folder Preview mode is set right away. There are much bigger problems in this world, but I'm getting furious as I pay family subscribtion. Luckily there are several other service providers to choose from.

Or is this explained in your terms & conditions that works on Apple platform only?

Sep 7, 2023 7:44 AM in response to underscorer

Hi underscorer,

thanks for the tip.. I’ll try it out to see if it works as a workaround.

In the mean time I tried various browsers on various OS’s but there is not any difference. Only thing that seems to work is signing out of my account on my iPhone.. and then it works till the next listening session. That’s too much of a hassle to bother with every time.

Kind regards,

Arjen

Apple Music stuck in preview mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.