Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

"unsupported url" error shows up on Apple Music for certain songs when played on iPhone

On certain songs I get an error saying “unsupported url”. It always seems to be the same songs like ‘Little Jean Jacket’ by Max Jury. It plays for 15 seconds then stops and shows the error. Screenshot attached.

The same songs play fine in Apple Music on my MacBook.

This error has been occurring for a few months now so my phone has been restarted and the app has been closed etc.

Anyone found any solutions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 10:25 AM

Hello Sjpeel1984,

To help us get a better understanding of the issue, we’d like to ask a few questions.

1. You mentioned that the issue started a few months ago; were any changes made to your device before this began? If so, what changes were made?

2. Do you experience the same issue if your device is connected to another network?

1. Which iOS version is your device running?

The above details will help us plan how to proceed.

You can use the process in this link to confirm which iOS version the device is running: Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To find the software version installed on your device, go to Settings > General, then tap About.

Thanks!

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 10:25 AM in response to Sjpeel1984

Hello Sjpeel1984,

To help us get a better understanding of the issue, we’d like to ask a few questions.

1. You mentioned that the issue started a few months ago; were any changes made to your device before this began? If so, what changes were made?

2. Do you experience the same issue if your device is connected to another network?

1. Which iOS version is your device running?

The above details will help us plan how to proceed.

You can use the process in this link to confirm which iOS version the device is running: Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To find the software version installed on your device, go to Settings > General, then tap About.

Thanks!

Jun 13, 2023 1:26 PM in response to Brittany1416

I think I’ve found the solution. It has something to do with the song changing on Apple Music. I searched for Little Jean Jacket by Max Jury and found the same song but it wasn’t in my library. This one plays fine so I deleted the duplicate version that doesn’t play.

It’s a bit annoying that a song gets changed on Apple Music and instead of replacing duplicates a new file is created and the only way to find out is for the old version to display the unsupported url after 15 seconds but at least it’s a solution.

Thanks,

Simon

"unsupported url" error shows up on Apple Music for certain songs when played on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.