Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

aol accounts not working with apple mail on os 10.15.7

About a week ago my wife's Apple Mail account started bouncing emails with a Permanent Failure. She is sending from an aol account to an aol account and certain recipients create the failure, not all. What has changed? On iMac with OS 10.15.7 (the highest OS available on her 2013 iMac)

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 7:05 PM

AOL support was helpful. I had to sign up for their support service - free for 30 days. They eventually diagnosed the problem as the out going smtp server had somehow changed and had to be reset. This was done by deleting the account and re-establishing the account. Still unsure of how this occurred in the middle of the night?!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2023 7:05 PM in response to razmee209

AOL support was helpful. I had to sign up for their support service - free for 30 days. They eventually diagnosed the problem as the out going smtp server had somehow changed and had to be reset. This was done by deleting the account and re-establishing the account. Still unsure of how this occurred in the middle of the night?!

Jun 11, 2023 12:33 PM in response to mnhandball

mnhandball wrote:

About a week ago my wife's Apple Mail account started bouncing emails with a Permanent Failure. She is sending from an aol account to an aol account and certain recipients create the failure, not all. What has changed? On iMac with OS 10.15.7 (the highest OS available on her 2013 iMac)

See if aol support can assist https://help.aol.com/contact

aol accounts not working with apple mail on os 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.