How do I sort albums in iCloud?

This seems like super basic functionality, and I'm gob smacked that I can't find an answer anywhere.

So I'm on icloud.com on my PC and am creating photo albums. I want the albums to be in alphabetical order, but instead they're just in some random order instead. But... I can't find a sort option. Anywhere. I can't drag the albums because it just doesn't let me. I googled it, and apparently on a mac you can right-click to sort, but on a PC, right-clicking brings up a bunch of generic options that don't help me.

How do I sort my albums in alpha order?? This is driving me crazy!

Posted on Jun 12, 2023 3:07 PM

2 replies

Jun 12, 2023 6:28 PM in response to TheRewster1106

Update: A couple people on Facebook showed me how to solve this problem, so I'll provide the answer here for anyone else who might be facing this issue.

Apparently you have to use your iPhone. (The functionality isn't on a PC web browser?) Go to the Photos app on iPhone, open the album you want to adjust, then tap "Edit", which will put a red negative icon at the top corner of all your albums. From here, you can now drag and slide the albums wherever you want (even though there's nothing indicating you have the ability to do this!).

Eventually the new order you sort them in will also show up on the web version of iCloud, though it might take a little bit--it's not instantaneous, but it should happen sooner rather than later. You might have to refresh the page once or twice.

How do I sort albums in iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.