Disk Not Ejected Properly

I'm running Ventura 13.4 and have an external G drive. It has worked beautifully until recently. I keep getting these messages stacking up and sometimes all three of my screens go dark then come back up. The complete message is "Eject G-Drive USB" before disconnecting or turning it off.

Which of course I haven't done anything like this.

Need help please?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 3:21 PM

dieatrafromcharlotte wrote:

I'm running Ventura 13.4 and have an external G drive. It has worked beautifully until recently. I keep getting these messages stacking up and sometimes all three of my screens go dark then come back up. The complete message is "Eject G-Drive USB" before disconnecting or turning it off.

Need help please?

Plug the external drive directly into the Mac and compare your results, bypassing any hub or dock.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 3:21 PM in response to dieatrafromcharlotte

dieatrafromcharlotte wrote:

Need help please?

Plug the external drive directly into the Mac and compare your results, bypassing any hub or dock.

May 7, 2024 1:28 AM in response to leroydouglas

I have the same problem with some drives too. They were connected to a Caldigit hub so I connected it directly to the back of the Mac Mini to see if that helped but it didn't. I have a Lacie drive with TB1 with a pass through where I also connected a Lacie rugged drive and they both disconnect just like that. No warning. The bigger drive is also my Time Machine. Really annoying.

Disk Not Ejected Properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.