Trying to call my watch cellular number directly and I get an error.

My watch has a separate phone number that I should be able to call directly. But when I call that number I get an error stating "the wireless customer is not available" also no SMS messages go through when it is connected to Wifi if sent to that number. How do I get this number to work?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 12:47 PM

The phone number for the watch shown on your phone bill is not able to call the watch. That number is for the cellular service provider records only.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.4;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.5; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.5; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 12:47 PM in response to Jen_You

The phone number for the watch shown on your phone bill is not able to call the watch. That number is for the cellular service provider records only.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.4;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.5; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.5; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Trying to call my watch cellular number directly and I get an error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.