apple watch

I can’t set up my Apple Watch to my iPhone 13 mini because it says this watch requires a software update. When I try to install the update to my watch from my iPhone a window pops up and says this update can’t be verified because you aren’t connected to Wi-Fi. What should i do to get my Apple Watch set up?

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 12:20 PM

Firstly, the obvious question is clear; are you connected to WiFi? If you aren't, connect your iPhone to a stable WiFi network and connect your watch via Bluetooth to your iPhone. Place the watch on its charger and try to install the update. If you are already connected to a stable WiFi network, you should ensure that you are using the most recent software (iOS 16.5) on your iPhone, as this often affects what software you can download on your watch. Notwithstanding these issues, you should still be able to set up your Watch on your iPhone regardless of the software. Let me know how you get on following the instructions above.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 12:20 PM in response to Breny279

Firstly, the obvious question is clear; are you connected to WiFi? If you aren't, connect your iPhone to a stable WiFi network and connect your watch via Bluetooth to your iPhone. Place the watch on its charger and try to install the update. If you are already connected to a stable WiFi network, you should ensure that you are using the most recent software (iOS 16.5) on your iPhone, as this often affects what software you can download on your watch. Notwithstanding these issues, you should still be able to set up your Watch on your iPhone regardless of the software. Let me know how you get on following the instructions above.

apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.