Unable to respond/reply to a group text - solution

I've had this same issue multiple times on my iPhone (that has all the latest updates). I tried all the suggestions of closing the app, rebooting the phone, etc, and nothing worked. Finally I figured out how to fix it: Settings, Messages, turn iMessage off (and then back on if you want, though it can happen again).

Note -- I tried to reply on multiple other threads which had this same issue, but I was unable to respond since they were old threads, so I figured I'd just provide this comment so that other people in the future can find the simple solution.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 8:58 AM

2 replies

May 15, 2024 9:00 AM in response to m3fella

Thank you, m3fella. I just had the same issue with one group text on my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Tried what you tried initially. Then, to your Step 2: turned off iMessage and shut the iPhone down for about 5 minutes. Restarted it and went to Settings, Message and turned iMessage on again. It worked. For how long, well, we’ll see. Sounds like a glitch in the Apple iMessage/text system that Apple should fix.

Unable to respond/reply to a group text - solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.