iCloud Family sharing

So I am wanting to have my husband’s and my account both on family sharing where when we back up our phones they both back up in the family sharing and not having to buy extra storage for both phones. I can share with him but right now all of his back ups only go to his iCloud account so we are still having to pay for two separate iCloud upgrades. Is there a way for both of our phones to back up to the family sharing so that one of us doesn’t have to buy the extra storage?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 10:38 AM

If you share your iCloud storage plan, he would still continue to use his own Apple ID but the backups would use the shared storage plan. It is the same as if he had his own plan but there is only one bill and both of you have access to all of the unused space. To share storage, and for him to switch to the shared plan, see instructions in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2023 10:38 AM in response to corrine78

If you share your iCloud storage plan, he would still continue to use his own Apple ID but the backups would use the shared storage plan. It is the same as if he had his own plan but there is only one bill and both of you have access to all of the unused space. To share storage, and for him to switch to the shared plan, see instructions in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

iCloud Family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.