Sluggish and non responsive new iPad Pro 11 2022 version

A few months ago, I contacted Apple support via text. The tech ran a diagnostic test on his end several times and it kept saying the test was incomplete or cancelled. He said it could be a software issue. There are annoying issues…when I am a website and click the arrow on the left side to go back to the previous photo or page, it does not work, I have to click on the refresh arrow at the top of the search bar and start over again; there is text overlay on some websites on the left side and when I click on a menu option for a website it does not work. I am ready to follow the directions to use when you sell an iPad and start all over with loading my data like it is a new purchase. I have an iPad Pro that is five years old that is more responsive than this 2022 model! Any suggestions or comments? Thanks!

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 1:19 PM

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset/forced restart procedure for the new 2018-2022 iPad Pros, 2020/21 iPad Air 4 and 5, the 2021 iPad Mini 6 and the new 2022, 10th gen base models,

1. Press and release the volume button closest to the top Power button

2. Then immediately press and release the volume button farthest from the top Power button.

3. Then, press and hold the top single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018-2022 iPad will boot up completely to the iPad’s Lock screen.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2023 1:19 PM in response to nancyfromga

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset/forced restart procedure for the new 2018-2022 iPad Pros, 2020/21 iPad Air 4 and 5, the 2021 iPad Mini 6 and the new 2022, 10th gen base models,

1. Press and release the volume button closest to the top Power button

2. Then immediately press and release the volume button farthest from the top Power button.

3. Then, press and hold the top single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018-2022 iPad will boot up completely to the iPad’s Lock screen.

Sluggish and non responsive new iPad Pro 11 2022 version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.