my caller has trouble hearing me when I connect my iphone 12 pro to my oticon hearin aids

microphone options when using OTICON MORE 3 hearing aid, so the caller can hear me.

I have an iphone 12 pro and Oticon More 3 Minirite; the person who calls me has trouble hearing me. I have not been able to fix michrophones to improve my caller experience. Finally I have to go back to Iphone, and loose pairing my hearing aids with my iphone and take the call.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2023 11:19 AM

I was having this issue, you need to switch the mic input to off so that sound goes through your phone microphone instead of the microphone on your hearing aids. If you click your side button three times it should pull up your hearing aids. Just scroll to the bottom and make sure mic input is set off.

29 replies

Oct 19, 2023 4:42 AM in response to nathan430

I am currently experiencing the same issue. Brand new iPhone 15 - set up less than a week ago, latest iOS, clean as can be, all the settings above: a-okay.

I’m using Orticon open aids if that makes a difference - and they are also newer (early May). Even uninstalled/reinstalled their Companion app just to be safe.

also, my streaming volume/controls are just fine. It’s just on my callers’ end - they say it sounds like I am driving in a car with the windows all down at 70 mph and talking from the back seat. Switch to speaker phone setting? They hear me fine.

Nov 20, 2023 1:52 PM in response to Maria-Paz-Chile

Obviously this is an Apple issue and not a fault in the hearing aids. Several different hearing aid makes are mentioned; all with the same problem. All within the same time frame.

The “forget this device”, re-pairing, re-starting the phone method sometimes works, but is cumbersome. Standing on one leg and praying to baby Santa seems about as effective at times.

Since this appears to be connected with one of the recent updates it would be nice if the Apple engineer folks can fix the issue. I understand that those of us with hearing aids are in the minority of iPhone users, but this is an incredibly frustrating experience.

Nov 1, 2023 2:24 PM in response to Maria-Paz-Chile

I had the same issue. It seems as when I upgraded my phone to 15 pro the hands free feature was activated and my phone was using both the hearing aid microphone and speaker. This doesn’t work for my ITC hearing aids and holding the phone to my head and using the phone microphone works much better. I can’t find the setting to change this any other way but to click on the right button on the phone 3 times quickly to activate the menu below and turning mic input to off. That got me back to hearing phone through hearing aids and speaking to phone microphone and everyone can hear me well. Hope this helps.

Nov 1, 2023 1:27 PM in response to Maria-Paz-Chile

Same stinking issue. Unpaired and re-paired the hearing aids. Did not resolve the problem. Worked fine yesterday morning (10/31/2023), but by afternoon would not work. I didn’t change anything before the microphone quit working for phone calls. (microphone still works for voice notes)

Updated phone software, restarted phone, unpaired-repaired, nothing has corrected it. Might the Apple folks have an idea? As in like a fix??😡

Nov 28, 2023 11:32 AM in response to mdrbr

mdrbr wrote:

Maria may have found another quick fix. I just tried her method and it appears, appears, to be working. The really frustrating part of this whole problem is that everything might be working just fine for one call and then not the next.

HELLO APPLE SUPPORT PEOPLE? A permanent fix would be nice.

You are not writing anyone from Apple Support here. This is a user to user only forum, which Apple doesn't participate.

If you want Apple to hear your request, you need to use this link --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Jun 18, 2023 11:01 AM in response to Maria-Paz-Chile

Hello Maria-Paz-Chile,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities, it's great to have you here.

For this issue, we want to recommend that you try restarting your iPhone as a good first troubleshooting step and then checking for iOS updates if the issue continues to occur. Restarting can often resolve unexpected issues and is a quick step to try which is why we recommend starting there. Updates also often include resolutions to unexpected behavior so that is always a great thing to look into. You can find the steps for both processes below:

If the issue continues to occur after you have rebooted and made sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS available, we would next want to recommend working through the troubleshooting steps here: Use hearing devices with iPhone - Apple Support.

Specifically, look into the steps on that page to enable Hearing Aid Compatibility:

Turn on Hearing Aid Compatibility

Hearing Aid Compatibility may reduce interference and improve audio quality with some hearing aid models.
1. Go to Settings  > Accessibility > Hearing Devices.
2. Turn on Hearing Aid Compatibility.

For iPhone hearing aid compatibility ratings, see the Apple Support article About Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) requirements for iPhone.
Hearing aid compatibility ratings aren’t a guarantee that a particular hearing aid works well with a particular phone. Some hearing aids might work well with phones that do not meet the FCC requirements for hearing aid compatibility. To ensure that a particular hearing aid works well with a particular phone, use them together before purchasing.

We hope this does the trick for you!

Cheers.

Feb 23, 2024 7:49 AM in response to Scamper718

Scamper718 wrote:

Same issue with hearing aids and Bluetooth. Phone calls on Bluetooth worked great until a few weeks ago. Now people say they can’t hear me when I’m on Bluetooth. Cleaned my phone speakers but that didn’t help. Apple please fix this!

No one from Apple will see your request here. This is a user to user only forum. If you want to share feedback with Apple, use this link --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

my caller has trouble hearing me when I connect my iphone 12 pro to my oticon hearin aids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.