iPhone 13 has no ring/silent button

Just received iPhone 13 ordered through Verizon.

Long-time iPhone user, so familiar with the phones and usage.

This iPhone 13 that I received does not have the button above the volume-up/volume-down buttons, that you slide to silent, and slide the other way to ring.

To be clear, every other iPhone I have had has had 3 buttons on the left hand side, a volume-up button, a volume-down button, and above these 2 buttons, a button to slide from ring to silent.

This iPhone 13 has only 2 buttons, a volume-up and a volume-down button.

How do I switch from ring to silent without this 3rd button?

Is this a defective iPhone 13?

I cannot find anything online that refers to this.

Thank you

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 10:53 AM

I've never heard of anything like that. The "External Buttons and Connectors" section of the specifications at iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini - Technical Specifications - Apple show the switch in the normal place and there is no mention of any exceptions for any mode in How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2023 10:53 AM in response to Applesupportman

I've never heard of anything like that. The "External Buttons and Connectors" section of the specifications at iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini - Technical Specifications - Apple show the switch in the normal place and there is no mention of any exceptions for any mode in How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

iPhone 13 has no ring/silent button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.