Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 14 PM battery health dropped 2% over a few days

Hi,

I’ve had my iPhone 14 pro max since October last year, so around 8 months. The battery health on it has been at 100% for that whole time, great right!

Only this week I noticed it drop 99% and then a day or two later drop again to 98%. 1% I can understand but 2% in quick succession seems weird.

Is this something I should be worried about and can anyone explain why it decided to drop 2% so quickly?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 12:30 PM

As I said, it is an inexact figure that varies with usage. Mine has made unexpected drops and others have mentioned increases! The important thing to remember is that all batteries deplete with time and you can expect your Apple Battery to last for about 2 years. Battery Replacement is not a large expense, but be sure to go to an Apple Store when it is time for a new battery.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2023 12:30 PM in response to JMP242

As I said, it is an inexact figure that varies with usage. Mine has made unexpected drops and others have mentioned increases! The important thing to remember is that all batteries deplete with time and you can expect your Apple Battery to last for about 2 years. Battery Replacement is not a large expense, but be sure to go to an Apple Store when it is time for a new battery.

iPhone 14 PM battery health dropped 2% over a few days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.