Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

the Imessage camera is Black

Normal camera app works fine but When i try to take a picture on imessage its just black Its been like this for days not sure what to do

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 8:24 PM

Minioncat1 Said:

"the Imessage camera is Black: Normal camera app works fine but When i try to take a picture on imessage its just black Its been like this for days not sure what to do"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone iSight Camera:

A. First, Go Here: If the Camera or Flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't Working - Apple Support

B. Uncover the Camera:

Is there anything covering the camera? If so, remove it.

B. Any Ungenuine Camera Message?:

Did you recently get the cameral replaced? If so, contact the person(s) who performed the replacement, and have them place a genuine camera in there.See Here: About Genuine iPhone Cameras - Apple Support.  They should have known better.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2023 8:24 PM in response to Minioncat1

Minioncat1 Said:

"the Imessage camera is Black: Normal camera app works fine but When i try to take a picture on imessage its just black Its been like this for days not sure what to do"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone iSight Camera:

A. First, Go Here: If the Camera or Flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't Working - Apple Support

B. Uncover the Camera:

Is there anything covering the camera? If so, remove it.

B. Any Ungenuine Camera Message?:

Did you recently get the cameral replaced? If so, contact the person(s) who performed the replacement, and have them place a genuine camera in there.See Here: About Genuine iPhone Cameras - Apple Support.  They should have known better.

the Imessage camera is Black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.