Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

my moms phone is disabled. she is 86 years old and has no information for itunes etc.

I a m contacting you about my moms phone. phone number it has been locked and she cannot call any of us. Im sure she used the wrong password too many times... can you help me ?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 8:21 AM

To unlock your iPhone, follow the steps described in the Apple article:

(< iOS 15.2) ->: If you forgot your iPhone passcode

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

(iOS 15.2 and newer, you don't need a computer) -> If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 8:21 AM in response to tari274

To unlock your iPhone, follow the steps described in the Apple article:

(< iOS 15.2) ->: If you forgot your iPhone passcode

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

(iOS 15.2 and newer, you don't need a computer) -> If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Jun 18, 2023 8:34 AM in response to tari274

Unfortunately, it is going be a guessing game unless you or someone else can get a look at the message on the screen.

If you want to guess that the wrong passcode was entered too many times.......

Using a Mac or PC.......If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

No computer required if the phone is running iOS 15.2 or higher......If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Either way, Mom is going to need some in person assistance with this.

Jun 18, 2023 8:26 AM in response to tari274

You have posted your phone number in a public forum of users only. No one is going to call you and I have asked the forum hosts to remove your phone number for your protection. Don't ever post personal information in a public forum.

I'd advise your mom take her iPhone to Apple for help with this, since she doesn't know how to use iTunes to erase her iPhone to set up again. She will need to know her Apple ID and Password. If she doesn't, she'll need to present the original purchase receipt for help wiping the phone.

my moms phone is disabled. she is 86 years old and has no information for itunes etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.