My MacBook Air Wi-Fi status stays off

My Wi-Fi status says off and when I try to turn it on it does not allow me to turn my Wi-Fi status on. What do I need to do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 4:49 PM

Jess_Alonso wrote:

My Wi-Fi status says off and when I try to turn it on it does not allow me to turn my Wi-Fi status on. What do I need to do?

That usually means the Wi-Fi hardware has failed.

The following won't clear failed hardware, but might resolve "confused" hardware...

Reset the SMC and NVRAM (assuming Intel), and boot into Safe Mode, and test the network again:

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If the above fails to regain connectivity, contact Apple Support. Use the Support link in the lower left corner, and chat or call Apple as available, and discuss your options and alternatives.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2023 4:49 PM in response to Jess_Alonso

Jess_Alonso wrote:

That usually means the Wi-Fi hardware has failed.

The following won't clear failed hardware, but might resolve "confused" hardware...

Reset the SMC and NVRAM (assuming Intel), and boot into Safe Mode, and test the network again:

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If the above fails to regain connectivity, contact Apple Support. Use the Support link in the lower left corner, and chat or call Apple as available, and discuss your options and alternatives.

My MacBook Air Wi-Fi status stays off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.