A song purchased on my iPhone e14 Pro Max synchs seamlessly with my new iPad but not my slightly older iPad. All 3 devices are running and logged in with the same Apple ID. I do not have any “Synch Library” buttons anywhere on my devices. Help!

How do I synch my music files between my 8th generation and my 6th generation iPads? If I purchase a song from iTunes using my iPhone 14 ProMax, it immediately appears on my newer iPad but not my older one. None of the screen shots in Apple Support do not match my devices insofar as I do not have any “Synch Library” buttons. Ideas, anyone? Many thanks!!

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 3:38 PM

It sounds like they've been hidden. To see if they are hidden (on your old iPad) open the iTunes Store and scroll up to the bottom and sign in with your Apple ID, an scroll up to Hidden Purchases. If they are hidden, unhide and download.

5 replies

Jun 20, 2023 9:57 AM in response to picas

i tried your thoughtful idea but when I open my old iPad (the one missing all the purchased music) and open the iTunes Store, the music shows as purchased but I can’t preview or play it. The buttons next to the list of songs on the album aren’t grayed out but the button next to the cover art (which also says purchased) is grayed out. So I’m trying to figure out if I can manually download songs individually from new iPad to old iPad using the download button. I could reset my old iPad but when restoring it from my iCloud account, I would end up with a huge amount of data I want archived, not on the iPad. There has to be an easier way…

A song purchased on my iPhone e14 Pro Max synchs seamlessly with my new iPad but not my slightly older iPad. All 3 devices are running and logged in with the same Apple ID. I do not have any “Synch Library” buttons anywhere on my devices. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.