Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music info not showing on new iPad 9

I setup my new iPad 9 and did a transfer of my old iPad which went well but my Apple Music won't show my "recently played" songs or playlists. I'm signed in with my same Apple ID. My iPad doesn't show a "Sync Library" option like I see in some suggestions. I've power cycled the iPad. Any ideas??

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 6:27 PM

Hey!!

This issue is generally easy to fix. Here's a few ways!

First - check that you're signed into the App Store services on your iCloud. To check, open Settings, click your name, and click "Media and Purchases". If there is a "sign out" button, try signing out and back in again.

Next method: Navigate through Settings to the "Music" tab. I'm not too smart with iPad, and I saw you said the "Sync Library" option isn't there. See if it is, if not, try the next method.

Final method: If you use a Mac laptop/desktop, or a Windows PC, open up Music (Or iTunes, respectively), click "Songs", click one and do CMD (or CTRL)+A to select all songs. Right click and click "Add to iCloud Music Library" and let it sit for a few minutes to upload and sync those songs to Apple Music.

Best of luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 6:27 PM in response to Entball

Hey!!

This issue is generally easy to fix. Here's a few ways!

First - check that you're signed into the App Store services on your iCloud. To check, open Settings, click your name, and click "Media and Purchases". If there is a "sign out" button, try signing out and back in again.

Next method: Navigate through Settings to the "Music" tab. I'm not too smart with iPad, and I saw you said the "Sync Library" option isn't there. See if it is, if not, try the next method.

Final method: If you use a Mac laptop/desktop, or a Windows PC, open up Music (Or iTunes, respectively), click "Songs", click one and do CMD (or CTRL)+A to select all songs. Right click and click "Add to iCloud Music Library" and let it sit for a few minutes to upload and sync those songs to Apple Music.

Best of luck!

Apple Music info not showing on new iPad 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.