Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I am a senior and have no knowledge of how to do back up on my phone. I am only requesting the repair or replacement of a defective camera. Will that require me to back up my information?

I have scheduled an appointment to have my Iphone 8 camera replaced. I am a senior and have no knowledge of how to do back up on my phone. I am only requesting the repair or replacement of a defective camera. Will that require me to back up my information?

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 8:44 AM

Send in your device for repair or replacement

Back up your iOS or iPadOS device. To protect your data, erase your iOS or iPadOS device. Remove your device from your Apple ID device list. Remove the SIM card from your iOS device or iPadOS device if it uses one, and keep it in a safe place.

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2023 8:44 AM in response to Ra1ders1

Send in your device for repair or replacement

Back up your iOS or iPadOS device. To protect your data, erase your iOS or iPadOS device. Remove your device from your Apple ID device list. Remove the SIM card from your iOS device or iPadOS device if it uses one, and keep it in a safe place.

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Jun 21, 2023 8:47 AM in response to Ra1ders1

For instructions on how to get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service click here --> Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

It may well require you to back up your information. Apple may decide that instead of repairing it they will give you a replacement refurbished unit instead.

If you do your backup in-store it may take longer depending upon the amount of data, but they can assist you. If you have a huge amount of data, you may prefer to do the backup at home with a computer.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

I am a senior and have no knowledge of how to do back up on my phone. I am only requesting the repair or replacement of a defective camera. Will that require me to back up my information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.