You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly iTunes sync button greyed out

I added some albums to my library in iTunes for Windows and went to sync them to my iPhone 14 Pro but the sync button is grey and can't be pushed. I'm using 12.12.9.4. I tried re-installing iTunes with no luck, then I uninstalled and tried the preview versions from the Microsoft Store but had no better results. I also tried doing this with my new work MacBook Pro but get the same problem there. I've been adding music to sync to my library for many years and have never seen this before.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 10:15 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 22, 2023 5:33 PM in response to mskenny

Hello mskenny,

The first thing we would suggest would be to power cycle the iPhone by following these steps found at Restart your iPhone - Apple Support:  

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.

2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

While simple, this can refresh the iOS, apps and connections while resolving some issues. 

If the issue continues, be sure you check to make sure you have enough storage space on your iPHone to store everything you are syncing. Information no how to see the storage, and how to sync using iTunes, is available here: Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Have a good day.

Suddenly iTunes sync button greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.