Viewing photos on a flash drive using Model A2602 ipad

Will the lightning to usb 3 adapter work with the model A2602 iPad to view photos on a Patriot 8 go flash drive?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 4:31 PM

Your actual questions - with specific answers:

Q. “Will the lightning to usb 3 adapter work with the model A2602 iPad to view photos on a Patriot 8 go flash drive?

A. Yes

Q. “The flash drive I need to reformat already has photos on the drive. Won’t reformatting the drive erase the photos?”

A. Yes - but if the drive is already formatted correctly, you won’t need to reformat the drive. If you do need to reformat the drive, you must use a computer to do so.

Q. “Is the Netbook capable of formatting the drive.”

A. Yes, but you must select a format compatible with your iPad. This must be FAT, FAT32, exFAT, APFS or HFS+ with a single partition. Microsoft NTFS and other proprietary device formatting are not supported. The method that you format the drive, if needed, may differ between operating systems.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2023 4:31 PM in response to acmlh

Your actual questions - with specific answers:

Q. “Will the lightning to usb 3 adapter work with the model A2602 iPad to view photos on a Patriot 8 go flash drive?

A. Yes

Q. “The flash drive I need to reformat already has photos on the drive. Won’t reformatting the drive erase the photos?”

A. Yes - but if the drive is already formatted correctly, you won’t need to reformat the drive. If you do need to reformat the drive, you must use a computer to do so.

Q. “Is the Netbook capable of formatting the drive.”

A. Yes, but you must select a format compatible with your iPad. This must be FAT, FAT32, exFAT, APFS or HFS+ with a single partition. Microsoft NTFS and other proprietary device formatting are not supported. The method that you format the drive, if needed, may differ between operating systems.

Jun 22, 2023 10:55 AM in response to acmlh

Information about connecting external storage devices to your iPad can be found here:

Connect external storage devices to iPad - Apple Support

To be recognised by iPadOS, the attached USB storage device must be formatted to FAT, FAT32, exFAT, APFS or HFS+ with a single partition. Microsoft NTFS and other proprietary device formatting are not supported. Formatting and partitioning, if required, must be performed using a separate computer; iPad does not provide any facilities to format an external storage device.

Jun 22, 2023 11:36 AM in response to LotusPilot

The flash drive I need to reformat already has photos on the drive. Won’t reformatting the drive erase the photos? Also, the drive needs to be formatted using a Mac or a PC. I don’t have a Mac but I do have a Netbook. Is the Netbook capable of formatting the drive. The photos were downloaded to the flash dive from Windows based PC.

Viewing photos on a flash drive using Model A2602 ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.