Related Article: Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown

Removing large number of duplicate photos, how to select all? And, can I delete the smaller (non-Live) version only?

I have many many many duplicate photos. But most of them are not really duplicates. One is static, and the other is Live. You can tell by the file size which is which. I want to remove duplicates, but obviously I want to keep the Live (bigger) version. Is there any way to do that?

Related, when I go into Duplicates folder. is there any way to select everything? I seem to have to click on each line.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 6:14 PM

Hello nex02,

There should be a Select and then Merge All button within the Duplicates album. You can analyze each before deleting them (unless you click Merge All). "Merging combines the highest quality version and all of the relevant data across the duplicates, and keeps that one in your library. The remaining duplicates are moved to the Recently Deleted album."

Find and delete duplicate photos and videos on iPhone - Apple Support

I hope this helps!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2023 6:14 PM in response to nex02

Hello nex02,

There should be a Select and then Merge All button within the Duplicates album. You can analyze each before deleting them (unless you click Merge All). "Merging combines the highest quality version and all of the relevant data across the duplicates, and keeps that one in your library. The remaining duplicates are moved to the Recently Deleted album."

Find and delete duplicate photos and videos on iPhone - Apple Support

I hope this helps!

Removing large number of duplicate photos, how to select all? And, can I delete the smaller (non-Live) version only?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.