Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iPhone virus warning

I just recieved a virus notification

That said

ATTENTION-Viruses found!

And that my iPhone is damaged by 13 virus and that my contacts and photos will be lost

Is this anything to be worried about

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, 16

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 7:52 AM

It's a Scam. You do not have anything to worry about unless your provided personal details or password credentials by clicking the Report Now button. These warning will come up more frequently while visiting less reputable sites. This scare tactic is used to get you to download some nefarious anti virus software claiming to fix all your problems or get you to provide them personal info. They would love to have your bank account info or even your Apple ID and password.

Unless your iPhone is jailbroken, software cannot be installed over a website and you are safe to ignore it and move on.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 7:52 AM in response to Pretty_Princess_

It's a Scam. You do not have anything to worry about unless your provided personal details or password credentials by clicking the Report Now button. These warning will come up more frequently while visiting less reputable sites. This scare tactic is used to get you to download some nefarious anti virus software claiming to fix all your problems or get you to provide them personal info. They would love to have your bank account info or even your Apple ID and password.

Unless your iPhone is jailbroken, software cannot be installed over a website and you are safe to ignore it and move on.

Jun 23, 2023 7:40 AM in response to Pretty_Princess_

That might be a scam warning. Sometimes scammers will make a message appear on your iPhone that looks like an iPhone message but isn't. What I would recommend it a factory reset, unless you have a backup from before you had the virus. Or you could look in files and try to find it. But whatever you do don't hit repair now on that sketchy site. It's not actually google. It will make you download a real virus and could brick your phone.

iPhone virus warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.