Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My iPhone battery health is 92% after 1 year

I’m using iPhone 13 since 1 year and my battery health is 92% right now so should I worry/concern about it?

Because I have noticed my battery percentage/ health both dropping quickly

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2023 9:25 AM

My iPhone 14 Plus is 11 months old and my battery health is 87%

39 replies

Jun 25, 2023 7:40 AM in response to Apple_-username

I’m using iPhone 13 since 1 year and my battery health is 92% right now so should I worry/concern about it?

Because I have noticed my battery percentage/ health both dropping quickly

Battery Health normally declines an average of about 1% a month over longer periods. So, it would normal to expect that your Battery Health would be about 88-90% after 12 months ( 1 year).

Your battery is doing better than average, so nothing to be concerned about here. If anything, you should be happy.

Jun 24, 2023 3:51 AM in response to Apple_-username

Hey there,

There is nothing to worry/ concern about, that’s totally normal .

The Battery Health screen includes information on maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability. 

Maximum battery capacity measures the device battery capacity relative to when it was new. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges. Depending upon the length of time between when the iPhone was made and when it is activated, your battery capacity may show as slightly less than 100%.

A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge. Learn more about charge cycles.

Learn more about the battery on your iPhone.

Regards!

Jun 25, 2023 7:31 AM in response to Apple_-username

Yes, this is normal, especially after updating the device and in the middle of the night, where the device makes a backup, in addition to it may index pictures or things like that after the update, so this will be normal, but if more than 24 hours have passed since the update of the device and you still face a battery drain in normal use of the device we recommend you to contact Apple support for further help ☞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

All the best!

Feb 24, 2024 4:46 AM in response to Apple_-username

My iPhone 13 pro max after 13 months of usage drop battery health to 98% and just checked it last night. My wife had an iPhone 13 and its battery is above 98%.

We just use the iPhone for chatting, some multimedia and streaming, and calls… that’s it.

Is already know that iOS had a tool/feature to do a smart/optimized charge when you left plugged the phone over the night… but I don’t trust it and created my own system based on automation:

with an intelligent electrical socket/outlet that you can control it with Smart Life app (or Apple’s Home App)

So, using scenarios to connect the outlet to Siri (like “Turn off charger” command) via Apple’s Shortcuts App, you could be able to create an automation into the same app and play a little bit with the battery percentage.

I usually put it to turn off the outlet (and obviously the charger connected on it) when battery reaches 85%.

Sadly this kind of automation cannot be applied for accessories like Apple Watch

And one more thing… I read over multiple forums about “fast charging reduce battery life” and I just sacrificed that using the Apple MagSafe charging instead wired charging… that helps a lot

Additionally, try to avoid using the phone to play video games or do something that requires a lot or energy and resources from it while charging, otherwise the excessive “heat” will kill silently your phone

Hope my very small experience help you and the others

Sorry for the long post

My iPhone battery health is 92% after 1 year

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.