OneDrive on MacBook Pro

I can't figure out to which account the OneDrive in Finder applies. I've logged into all of my OneDrive accounts via my browser to see if the files I moved to OneDrive from my Mac are there, and they are not. I don't even have the OneDrive app installed. As a Location, it was already in Finder.

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 6:24 AM

You'll also find Drop Box folder but it's useless unless you install the app.

As oneDrive is Microsoft and not a default app, removing the folder is relatively risk free as long as the app itself is gone. But if you have a OneDrive account and have visited it on the web and signed in, the folder may be a result of you logging into your account.

If you had OneDrive installed and deleted it, the folder may just be a "leftover" from an incomplete uninstall.

Things like this is just one of the reason I abandoned OD in favor of iCloud Drive ... even on our old Windows box.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 6:24 AM in response to Tina16

You'll also find Drop Box folder but it's useless unless you install the app.

As oneDrive is Microsoft and not a default app, removing the folder is relatively risk free as long as the app itself is gone. But if you have a OneDrive account and have visited it on the web and signed in, the folder may be a result of you logging into your account.

If you had OneDrive installed and deleted it, the folder may just be a "leftover" from an incomplete uninstall.

Things like this is just one of the reason I abandoned OD in favor of iCloud Drive ... even on our old Windows box.

OneDrive on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.