Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

When I play music from the Tidal app on my Apple tv 4k, the screen saver comes on after 15 minutes, fine. A new track starts, a popup window appears, but it

When I play music from the Tidal app on my Apple tv 4k, the screen saver comes on after 15 minutes, fine. A new track starts, a popup window appears, but it’s blank. Shouldn’t track info appear? How can I fix it?

Apple TV 4K (2nd generation)

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 10:11 AM

Update your Apple TV system software to the current version, if not done already. How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists, then contact the app developer for further assistance.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2023 10:11 AM in response to welked

Update your Apple TV system software to the current version, if not done already. How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists, then contact the app developer for further assistance.

Jun 26, 2023 3:08 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks to Urquhart1244 for your quick reply. I tried all your suggestions but nothing worked with the Tidal app. I signed into Apple Music, the screensaver came on, the track changed, and the pop up window appeared, with the track information. Seems the problem I had was the Tidal app, not the Apple TV4K. Thanks again.

When I play music from the Tidal app on my Apple tv 4k, the screen saver comes on after 15 minutes, fine. A new track starts, a popup window appears, but it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.