Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

MacBook Air very slow

I have a 12 "" MacBook Air Retina of 2017 with my op system now updated to Ventura 13.4. When I open the Safari browser it takes around 30 seconds for the page to open. The same also with most of my apps. I used s number of cleanup app as shown in the screenshot. Apple suggested the use of those and I optaines all of them on my AppStore. But it is still very slow.

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 10:27 PM

MountainBuff01 wrote:

Makes sense.
I immediately removed not only all cleaners bur also the McAfee antivirus. Since then my MacBook is back to normal.

Good to hear you followed my recommendation. Just to add, you should never install antivirus apps. They are known to cause problems, including slowdowns and aren't needed.

See: Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 10:27 PM in response to MountainBuff01

MountainBuff01 wrote:

Makes sense.
I immediately removed not only all cleaners bur also the McAfee antivirus. Since then my MacBook is back to normal.

Good to hear you followed my recommendation. Just to add, you should never install antivirus apps. They are known to cause problems, including slowdowns and aren't needed.

See: Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

Jun 25, 2023 9:39 PM in response to MountainBuff01

MountainBuff01 wrote:

I received it on this page (German site):

FWIW, none of any recommendations on the Apple Support Community sites are from Apple. They are all by other Mac users.

By the way, how can I remove the grey line at the bottom of my Safari browser. The shortcut keys have no function.

I can't say. I've never seen that. I assume it's a third-party app or Safari extension.

MacBook Air very slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.