Multiple photos?????

It seems that every time I connect my iPhone to my computer, I end up with 2 or 3 maybe 4 copies on my phone and this is driving me nuts. I try to delete but can't. How can I stop this?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 1:24 PM

Are you only syncing your photos to the iPhone by using a USB connection? Or do you also have other syncing methods enabled, like My Photo Stream? Duplicates are usually created by mixing two different methods of import, but also by using an automatic format conversion when downloading the photos from the iPhone to the Mac. The format conversion from HEIC to JPEG will disable the automatic duplicate detection, and My Photo STream might sync the duplicates back to your iPhone as new photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 1:24 PM in response to rafsob

Are you only syncing your photos to the iPhone by using a USB connection? Or do you also have other syncing methods enabled, like My Photo Stream? Duplicates are usually created by mixing two different methods of import, but also by using an automatic format conversion when downloading the photos from the iPhone to the Mac. The format conversion from HEIC to JPEG will disable the automatic duplicate detection, and My Photo STream might sync the duplicates back to your iPhone as new photos.

Multiple photos?????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.