Can you use find my family location if the device is disconnected from cell data and WiFi?

we are traveling abroad and have cell data turned off. Can we use iPhone tracking if the device loses WiFi connectivity?

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 4:15 PM

Hello pinckney29,

Yes, offline devices can still be tracked. As long as the device has a charge it can be tracked.

"If your missing device can’t connect to the internet or has little to no battery life, the Find My app can still help you track it down using the Find My network — hundreds of millions of iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices around the world. Nearby devices securely send the location of your missing device to iCloud, then you can see where it is in the Find My app. It’s all anonymous and encrypted to protect everyone’s privacy." - iCloud+ - Find My - Apple

I hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 4:15 PM in response to pinckney29

Hello pinckney29,

Yes, offline devices can still be tracked. As long as the device has a charge it can be tracked.

"If your missing device can’t connect to the internet or has little to no battery life, the Find My app can still help you track it down using the Find My network — hundreds of millions of iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices around the world. Nearby devices securely send the location of your missing device to iCloud, then you can see where it is in the Find My app. It’s all anonymous and encrypted to protect everyone’s privacy." - iCloud+ - Find My - Apple

I hope this helps!

Can you use find my family location if the device is disconnected from cell data and WiFi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.