Captions disappearing Issue.

Hi everybody. I have a strange bug while im editing the captions on my timeline. When i delete a caption then all the other captions are disappearing. Then i have to click on show captions button twice to make them appear again. Since i can not assign Show captions button to my keyboard its very annoying.

I have created my captions with simon says app. Is there anybody out there who can help me with this issue?

PS: Maybe apple can allow us to assign the button of show captions soon.

Thanks a lot.

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 7:40 AM

The Show Captions should not be turned off, of course.

But at the very least, I can tell you that you can assign a keyboard shortcut to it. Apparently, you can't do it using the Commands feature of FCP, but you can using macOS shortcuts, like you can with any other menu in any application:

System Settings->Keyboard, click Keyboard Shortuts... then choose App Shortcuts and add your own shortcut.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2023 7:40 AM in response to LewQtheCutter

The Show Captions should not be turned off, of course.

But at the very least, I can tell you that you can assign a keyboard shortcut to it. Apparently, you can't do it using the Commands feature of FCP, but you can using macOS shortcuts, like you can with any other menu in any application:

System Settings->Keyboard, click Keyboard Shortuts... then choose App Shortcuts and add your own shortcut.

Jun 26, 2023 7:11 AM in response to LewQtheCutter

Can you clarify what is happening?

I don't understand how captions are "disappearing"... you mean you delete one and the rest is deleted somehow? Or disappearing from where - the Timeline Index, maybe?

What and where is the "Show Captions" button?

A few screenshots may help us better understand.

In the meantime, did you try deleting preferences? If the application is not behaving correctly, it is usually one of the first things to try.

Captions disappearing Issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.