Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I dropped my iPad Mini 5th Gen on water but it still fully works. It has been 10 hours and I’ve charged it. Does it mean that my iPad survive the water?

I dropped my iPad Mini 5th Gen on water but it still fully works. It has been 10 hours and I’ve charged it. Does it mean that my iPad survive the water?

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 9:41 AM

Per your previous post, water and electronics do not make happy bedfellows. Your iPad is not designed to be water resistant. While it may survive being splashed with water if immediately dried, it will almost certainly suffer irreparable damage if submerged.

If the iPad still works - without apparent malfunction - you may have been lucky. That said, failure might subsequently occur at any time. The more time that passes, the more lucky you get.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2023 9:41 AM in response to Kyla2003

Per your previous post, water and electronics do not make happy bedfellows. Your iPad is not designed to be water resistant. While it may survive being splashed with water if immediately dried, it will almost certainly suffer irreparable damage if submerged.

If the iPad still works - without apparent malfunction - you may have been lucky. That said, failure might subsequently occur at any time. The more time that passes, the more lucky you get.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.