MacBook Air wont playback Facebook videos

I have a 2020 MacBook air that is running on MacOS 13.4.1 when I go to playback a video on facebook the video plays for a second and then I receive a message that says "Sorry we're having trouble playing this video" I have empty the caches, clear history, quit safari, and restarted Mac. This Macbook is running on wifi. The issue persists. I have tested the issue on other Macs as well:

• 2017 macbook air that is running MacOS Monterrey 12.6.6. This Macbook is running on wifi.

• 2021 iMac running on MacOS 13.4.1. The iMac is hardwired.

The only devices that I can play facebook videos back on with no issues are the iOS devices such as iphone 8, iphone pro, and my iphone 14 pro max

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 4:40 AM

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

Any Third Party Security Software installed and used on the problematic computer ?

If so, the Safe Mode may help determine this.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 4:40 AM in response to JazzD123

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

Any Third Party Security Software installed and used on the problematic computer ?

If so, the Safe Mode may help determine this.

MacBook Air wont playback Facebook videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.