Facebook not working correctly with MacBookAir

I'm getting 100's of daily error messages, and cannot post photos to some forums on FB. Been trying to solve this for weeks. Since I can't uninstall FB on my laptop, I don't know how to fix the bugs. Works fine on my Android phone.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 6:55 PM

Remove any add-on VPN apps, remove any added ad-blocker extensions, remove any added anti-malware apps, and remove any add-on cleaner apps, all removals performed per the vendors’ instructions, restart, and try again.

If you’re really on macOS 10.13, check if your MacBook Air supports a newer macOS version. If so, upgrade. macOS 10.13 is very old.

How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

If that fails, contact Facebook Support.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2023 6:55 PM in response to potterkat

Remove any add-on VPN apps, remove any added ad-blocker extensions, remove any added anti-malware apps, and remove any add-on cleaner apps, all removals performed per the vendors’ instructions, restart, and try again.

If you’re really on macOS 10.13, check if your MacBook Air supports a newer macOS version. If so, upgrade. macOS 10.13 is very old.

How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

If that fails, contact Facebook Support.

Oct 4, 2023 7:25 PM in response to potterkat

potterkat wrote:

I've done all that...and Facebook support never replies. Btw, using Chrome.

Google apps and Facebook. My.

Does the Facebook website work in one of the other available web browsers?

If that fails, download and run (free) EtreCheck, and share the report to the clipboard. Open a new reply here, and then press the Additional Text button that looks like a printed page to get a text input box big enough to paste the hardware and software configuration report here, and paste and post that report here.

Facebook not working correctly with MacBookAir

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.