Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Apple Music Default Settings

How do I change the default settings on Apple Music to ensure that when I add new songs to my playlist they get added to the top rather than the botton. I am tired to dragging ech song past 100+ songs to the top. Is there a default setting or an easier way to do this on my iPhone?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 1:32 PM

Hello Questions_1596,

Unfortunately, you can only sort a playlist by Playlist Order (default), Title, Artist, Album, Release Date.

1. Open Music
  2. Tap on Library
  3. Tap on Playlists
  4. Tap on your playlist
  5. Tap on More (three dots in the upper right)
  6. Tap on Sort By

This doesn't sounds like a bad idea though! I would suggest this to Apple - Feedback - Apple Music - Apple. Apple promises to review all submissions carefully. I would suggest that you'd like a new sorting option that sorts but the date a song was added to the playlist (Date Added).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 1:32 PM in response to Questions_1596

Hello Questions_1596,

Unfortunately, you can only sort a playlist by Playlist Order (default), Title, Artist, Album, Release Date.

1. Open Music
  2. Tap on Library
  3. Tap on Playlists
  4. Tap on your playlist
  5. Tap on More (three dots in the upper right)
  6. Tap on Sort By

This doesn't sounds like a bad idea though! I would suggest this to Apple - Feedback - Apple Music - Apple. Apple promises to review all submissions carefully. I would suggest that you'd like a new sorting option that sorts but the date a song was added to the playlist (Date Added).

Apple Music Default Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.