mophie 3-in-1 travel charger with MagSafe

Have had the charger for just over a month now and plugged in and not moved for a couple of weeks and had been working fine. It now won’t charge my watch and keeps pinging on and off non stop and it’s hit and miss with my phone too. I have tried different cables and plugs with the same result.

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 11:48 AM

I'm having the same issue as the Author of this thread. I did want to point out that prior to this issue I had to unplug and plug it back in a few times to get it to work. That no longer works. I bought 3 of these as Christmas gifts. Seems like Apple may need to examine this partnership and the quality of the offering.

99 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2023 11:48 AM in response to pineapplelump9

I'm having the same issue as the Author of this thread. I did want to point out that prior to this issue I had to unplug and plug it back in a few times to get it to work. That no longer works. I bought 3 of these as Christmas gifts. Seems like Apple may need to examine this partnership and the quality of the offering.

Jul 10, 2023 2:01 PM in response to Highfivingpalmtrees

I’m surprised so many have the same issue as me with this product, I got this in April 2023 for my partner and the central piece (phone) stopped working overnight - I tried with different power bricks, cables, even phones to no avail.

Apple sent me to mophie/Zagg for support, I filled a replacement claim only to have it rejected - with the sole explanation the product is no longer available.

Went back to Apple for a refund as I cannot get a replacement, got tossed to 6 or 7 agents, only to be told they won’t do anything.

A $200 charger that lasts a bit over 3 months that gets no support whatsoever is the textbook definition of a scam.

Lesson learned, I just never expected this sort of crap from Apple (they don’t make the charger but they sell it).

Jul 21, 2023 7:59 AM in response to pineapplelump9

I have had the same issue for the past few days and thought I was going crazy. I tried to request a replacement through their site, but I am getting the message, "This product is no longer available. Please contact customer care for options."

The contact form is hidden. I submitted a ticket but have not received a ticket number or anything. Any ideas? I feel that I gave away £169 to Morphie. What is Apple's official response to their partner for a product sold exclusively in Apple Stores? Can I return it to the Apple Store and request a refund or a replacement?

Jul 10, 2023 10:46 AM in response to Michelle4102

I have just recieved an answer on my frustating e-mail to mophie,..

Hello Martijn,

I understand your frustration, thank you for reaching back out to me. 

We have recently learned that this is a wide issue many customers are experiencing and we are actively investigating the problem and working on a solution. In the interim, we would appreciate it if you could reply back with the serial number on the travel charger (found behind the watch puck). We apologize for any inconvenience caused and will provide updates soon. Thank you for your patience.

Jul 3, 2023 2:03 PM in response to pineapplelump9

Resolution:

I bought my product in May 2023. It starts and stops charging every second. I contacted Apple Support and I was directed to contact Mophie support.

Mophie Support at Shop ZAGG.com for mobile accessories from our industry-leading brands—mophie, InvisibleShield, ZAGG, BRAVEN, IFROGZ, Gear4 and more.

1. Created a login
  2. Registered the Mophie Travel Charger (mophie 3-in-1 travel charger with MagSafe) that I purchased from the Apple Store.
  3. Issued a warranty replacement.

*Required to pay a shipping fee.

*You might might be required to ship the defective device to Zagg (Mophie) so they can confirm the device is defective.

Hope this helps!

Jul 9, 2023 10:24 AM in response to pineapplelump9

I have the exact same problem with the Mophie 3-in-1 travel charger with magsafe. I bought it in January 2023, it worked well until about 10 days ago, when it started malfunctioning (continually reconnecting devices to charge and actually draining the batteries, not charging at all, etc.). I got a replacement from an Apple store, and within 2 days the same problem started again! It is very frustrating.... it would be nice if Apple could somehow help with this expensive product that is an "Apple exclusive", only possible to purchase through the Apple store?

Jul 6, 2023 2:46 PM in response to creatorunavailable

Thanks. I was able to register and request a replacement. It seems like a fair number of us are doing this, which makes me wonder if the product will stop working again. I only purchased mine in Nov 2022.

For others be careful of which region you are registering against, check the site address. I'm in the UK (en-uk) and my serial number did not match when I was registered and logged into the US site (en-us)

Jul 8, 2023 1:22 AM in response to ESPNMD

I have the same problem!

bought mine in januari en have issues since last month.

Registered my charger on zagg site and got warranty replacement. ( I had to pay 35 euro for shipping costs in total from and to Ireland)

Now I have recieved the new charger and guess what….

Same problem.

The service at zagg is very bad that they let you place the warranty replacement and after you’ll notice that you have to pay all shipping costs.

Jul 9, 2023 12:49 PM in response to pineapplelump9

I currently have 2 of these and both are intermittently charging. My watch and iPhone goes through the charging animation as if I’m removing and placing it back on the charging mat. This occurred about a week for both mats and I have not been able to solve the issue. I already had one replaced under warranty about 6 months ago and will now need to file for 2 more replacements. I have tried different blocks and cables but it did not help.

Jul 10, 2023 11:43 AM in response to pineapplelump9

I have the exact same problem. I bought mine in Sept 22 and it’s been fine up until recently now it just pings on and off on all three charging pads and is completely unusable.

Ive contacted Mophie and they say it’s a known problem that they’re working on and they’ll keep me updated. I’m not happy with that answer as it was a pretty expensive item. I have gone back and told them that is not good enough, and I’m waiting to hear back.

Jul 10, 2023 12:39 PM in response to martijn112

So I have sent the model number of my phone in my watch to Zagg, and they are trying to figure out how to fix the recent iOS upgrade as this is an Apple only product. I think this is Apple‘s responsibility to figure out why the last upgrade is not functional with this charging system I’m very frustrated with this whole process.

mophie 3-in-1 travel charger with MagSafe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.