Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

HomePod Setup Failed 301003

After I reset one of my HomePods (which had been in a stereo pair, as speakers for Apple TV), when I've tried to set it up again, I get the dreaded 301003 error.

I have gone thru the reset procedure, including forgetting network on iPhone before attempting setup.

Intriguingly - the HomePod *does* now appear on my router's list of connected devices.

Can anyone offer any help?

Very frustrating - it's a lovely speaker and I miss it!

HomePod

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 1:07 PM

Try If you can't set up HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support. Check that you don't have private network address enabled in the iPhone for your own network, and that your network isn't set up with guest mode, or access/client/wireless isolation or similar features that block peer to peer communications.

tt2

8 replies

Jul 1, 2023 12:54 AM in response to AlanGatt

When you say forgetting network on iPhone, do you mean in wifi settings. If so, try the more extensive "Reset network settings" (General/Transfer or Reset iPhone/Reset/Reset Network Settings). You will then have to re-enter your wifi password on the iPhone. This should help the Homepod to reconnect.

This process sounds scary under the latest iOS user interface but it has been quite common for solving network-related problems.

Jul 1, 2023 1:58 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi tt2 - thanks for your response - yes, I've noticed your advice on similar questions and followed those too. Indeed confirmed that no access control list or isolation or guest mode in operation and that private network address not enabled on iPhone. Still get 301003

One thing I only just now noticed tho, is that the offending HomePod remains on my Apple ID list of account devices under its previous name. I'll delete that and try again.

Thanks again for your helpful response. I'll let you know how I get on...

Jul 1, 2023 2:00 AM in response to Michael Paine

Hi Michael - thanks for your reply - yes, confirmed that after initially trying Apple's advice to forget network, I have tried the "Reset network settings" too. Still get 301003

One thing I only just now noticed tho, is that the offending HomePod remains on my Apple ID list of account devices under its previous name. I'll delete that and try again.

Thanks again for your helpful response. I'll let you know how I get on...

HomePod Setup Failed 301003

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.