Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My Apple TV has lost all my movie apps. If I attempt to watch a movie channel it will read “No Signal” and black screen “ No network connection. Help please!

my Apple TV box has lost all my selected apps. It will read “No Signal” on blue screen and “No network connection” on a black screen. Please help……I am close to buying a wig because I have pulled out my hair with dealing with this….just joking my friends

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 9:02 AM

It will read “No Signal” on blue screen

That would be a notification from the TV, that the selected HDMI port has no signal for video and audio.

and “No network connection” on a black screen.

Similarly, that would be a notification from the TV or from an app, not from the Apple TV box.

What is your model Apple TV box?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

What is its version system software?

Is the status light glowing continuously?

Try disconnection the HDMI cable on both ends, then reconnect. That will reset the HDMI connection.

Verify that the TV is (still) set to take input from the HDMI port to which the Apple TV box is connected.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2023 9:02 AM in response to 73sherer

It will read “No Signal” on blue screen

That would be a notification from the TV, that the selected HDMI port has no signal for video and audio.

and “No network connection” on a black screen.

Similarly, that would be a notification from the TV or from an app, not from the Apple TV box.

What is your model Apple TV box?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

What is its version system software?

Is the status light glowing continuously?

Try disconnection the HDMI cable on both ends, then reconnect. That will reset the HDMI connection.

Verify that the TV is (still) set to take input from the HDMI port to which the Apple TV box is connected.

My Apple TV has lost all my movie apps. If I attempt to watch a movie channel it will read “No Signal” and black screen “ No network connection. Help please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.