My USB Super Drive does not work on my new Mac Air. Can anyone help?

My USB Super Drive does not work on my new Mac Air. The message is "USB Accessory Needs Power

Connect "Apple USB ..." to a USB port on this Mac." I am connecting it with a Sinistar accessory strip.

Can anyone help?

MacBook Air 15″

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 9:55 AM

I am connecting it with a Sinistar accessory strip.

Ths is likely the problem. Hubs and docks won't work with that drive. The drive must be connected directly to a port on the computer, using only a USB-A to USB-C adapter. See the Apple article linked above your user name.

Also many users have reported that third-party adapters do not work. They say the three Apple adapters listed in the article work fine.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2023 9:55 AM in response to matkabob

I am connecting it with a Sinistar accessory strip.

Ths is likely the problem. Hubs and docks won't work with that drive. The drive must be connected directly to a port on the computer, using only a USB-A to USB-C adapter. See the Apple article linked above your user name.

Also many users have reported that third-party adapters do not work. They say the three Apple adapters listed in the article work fine.

My USB Super Drive does not work on my new Mac Air. Can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.