Duplicating files locks the file name

Since updating to Ventura 13.4.1 whenever I duplicate a file, I'm unable to change the name of the file. I can open it and make edits, and I can edit the original file's name, but not the duplicate. My files are hosted on Dropbox, so that could be an issue?

Please tell me there's a fix, I need this function for work.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 9:08 AM

Miss_Dylan wrote:

Since updating to Ventura 13.4.1 whenever I duplicate a file, I'm unable to change the name of the file. I can open it and make edits, and I can edit the original file's name, but not the duplicate. My files are hosted on Dropbox, so that could be an issue?

Probably. You can try doing this in a file stored locally. If that has no problem renaming, you'll know it has to do with Dropbox.

FWIW, I have no trouble with this (but I also do not use Dropbox, so I cannot test that hypothesis).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2023 9:08 AM in response to Miss_Dylan

Miss_Dylan wrote:

Probably. You can try doing this in a file stored locally. If that has no problem renaming, you'll know it has to do with Dropbox.

FWIW, I have no trouble with this (but I also do not use Dropbox, so I cannot test that hypothesis).

Duplicating files locks the file name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.