Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

malware bytes

I am unable to use Malwarebytes. When I go to Malwarebytes it says Malware Protection is turned off. When I try and turn it on I am unable to. it say We have detected issues while turning on protection. Please go to troubleshooting page which I do but nothing works. Should I uninstall MalwareBytes. The version I have is 4.2 I think or 4.02. Any help is appreciated.

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 9:24 AM

14 replies

Jul 1, 2023 11:46 AM in response to momluvstv

momluvstv wrote:

Yes, because my 2017 MacBook Pro won’t let me update anymore. I guess it’s time to get a new one.

As I stated, you can upgrade to the current version of macOS, which is Ventura.

See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

You should have a current Time Machine or other backup.

You should also know older 32bit software will no longer run and will need updated or replaced.

Check what you might have installed with Go64

Jul 1, 2023 10:40 AM in response to dialabrain

10.13.6 Mac OS High Sierra. I was thinking maybe Malwarebytes was just no longer doing the free service. After I deleted Malwarebytes then reinstalled it, it said something about a 2 week free trial. If you happen to know is that how it is now or should I be able to run free scans but not on a schedule anymore. In other words it used to run daily at 9am but now I can only run a scan when I do it manually. Does that seem correct for the free Malware Bytes service.

Also thank you for you quick response.

malware bytes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.