Overnight battery draining issue

My iPhone 14 is draining 20% overnight and even if I’m not using the mobile also it is draining. Even if I turned off everything and closes the background applications but same issue I%E2%80%99m facing after updating to IOS 16.4. Kindly pls update me the solution regarding this issue.

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 12:22 PM

There is no issue; 20% overnight would not be unusual. Any cell phone uses energy continuously, as long as it isn’t powered off. This means that if it is not connected to power for 8 hours the battery level will be lower at the end of that time. How much lower depends on what apps you have, how many notifications you have enabled (which will be delivered and processed by apps even if you force close apps-they will relaunch when a notification arrives), and, probably most important, how strong your cellular signal from the network is; your phone maintains a "conversation" with the network so your phone can be found when a call or text arrives, and low signal strength requires much more energy to do this update to the network. Thus, you should be charging your phone overnight so this nighttime usage is powered by the external source rather than the battery.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2023 12:22 PM in response to Venkatesh_9

There is no issue; 20% overnight would not be unusual. Any cell phone uses energy continuously, as long as it isn’t powered off. This means that if it is not connected to power for 8 hours the battery level will be lower at the end of that time. How much lower depends on what apps you have, how many notifications you have enabled (which will be delivered and processed by apps even if you force close apps-they will relaunch when a notification arrives), and, probably most important, how strong your cellular signal from the network is; your phone maintains a "conversation" with the network so your phone can be found when a call or text arrives, and low signal strength requires much more energy to do this update to the network. Thus, you should be charging your phone overnight so this nighttime usage is powered by the external source rather than the battery.

Overnight battery draining issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.