Does new iPad Pro (model MNXV3LL/A) exist any known heating and/or battery defects?

This is my 3rd iPad Pro, I replaced iPad not because the old one worn out but because liking newer/faster toys. I know how to properly use and maintain an iPad.

This morning I wake up to find that the battery dead AGAIN with a charging cable connected to it. It shows my average usage time is ~18 hours/day with avg screen off 24 min! The fact is my iPad screen was off most of the time with all apps closed. I am a retiree grandma mainly use iPad to read books and news, no time to stick on computer all day long.

It randomly power off itself and I cannot turn it back on!!! Brought back to the store sold me this junk twice (3 hours round trip prohibited me visiting them more often) and they told me there are no problems.

My painful workaround made me sick of using this LEMON:

1. To set the brightness to ~30% or darker, otherwise the back of the center is noticeable hot to handle
  2. To use iPad Pod (it gets hot fast if I use speaker).

I purchased the service contract, how can I get my problem solved by Apple directly or get a replacement?

iPad Pro

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 3:45 AM

Your description - and prior history - might suggest that one of your installed Apps is causing the problem. If the App has stalled, or is causing excessive battery drain, you may see all the issues that you describe.

You may be able to identify the offending App from table of Battery Usage By App. Otherwise, you may need to methodically delete individual Apps until you identify the offender.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2023 3:45 AM in response to Graywt

Your description - and prior history - might suggest that one of your installed Apps is causing the problem. If the App has stalled, or is causing excessive battery drain, you may see all the issues that you describe.

You may be able to identify the offending App from table of Battery Usage By App. Otherwise, you may need to methodically delete individual Apps until you identify the offender.

Does new iPad Pro (model MNXV3LL/A) exist any known heating and/or battery defects?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.