Gmail

My iPhone 13 is asking me for a password for my gmail account. There isn’t a place to put in a password. This problem started in November. Has anyone had this issue? Btw if I go through the gmail site, my mail icon has completely disappeared.

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 5:25 AM

Hello JLeighLu,

If you added your Gmail account to the Mail app and changed your password recently or it got disconnected, you will need to login again to verify you're the owner of the account and start receiving emails again.

1. Open Settings
  2. Scroll down and tap on Mail
  3. Tap on Accounts
  4. Tap on the Gmail account (if multiple, tap the one in question).

Once you tap it, it should ask to to login again or there will be an option within the menu to login again. Follow the on screen instructions and you should be all set.

Please note, if this is for another app you will need to reach out to their support team.

I hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2023 5:25 AM in response to JLeighLu

Hello JLeighLu,

If you added your Gmail account to the Mail app and changed your password recently or it got disconnected, you will need to login again to verify you're the owner of the account and start receiving emails again.

1. Open Settings
  2. Scroll down and tap on Mail
  3. Tap on Accounts
  4. Tap on the Gmail account (if multiple, tap the one in question).

Once you tap it, it should ask to to login again or there will be an option within the menu to login again. Follow the on screen instructions and you should be all set.

Please note, if this is for another app you will need to reach out to their support team.

I hope this helps!

Jul 4, 2023 9:03 AM in response to pjswiz

Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried deleting, reinstalling, and changing the password through Apple settings and through the Google website. The email address has a domain name my brother set up years ago. He has passed so I can’t get his help. Through a lot of headaches and waiting, I finally became owner of the domain through Namecheap. But that hasn’t changed anything. As administrator of the domain on Google, I can’t even add the mail option back to our account. The icon has vanished.

Jul 5, 2023 3:18 AM in response to JLeighLu

Changing the password on the Google website, will just make you have to change it again via Settings on your Apple devices.

I wasn't aware that you couldn't remove emails from Settings that have been deleted. You can try to reach out to Apple Support to assist with this issue - Official Apple Support.

Any issues with the Google platform, you will need to reach out to their support team as Apple has no control over that.

Gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.