I want to remove payment ,it keep saying there is an active subscriptin on this account that requires at least one pyment on file

I want to remove payment ,it keep saying there is an active subscription on this account that requires at least one payment on file

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 7:57 AM

See this article about updating payment methods on various platforms (iPhone, Mac, etc.): If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

"If you change your address, the credit or debit card information that you use with your Apple ID might be automatically updated by your financial institution, and you don't need to take action. But if there's an issue [such as you having a subscription or being a Family Sharing Organizer], add a new card first, then remove the old card."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2023 7:57 AM in response to nchekwube

See this article about updating payment methods on various platforms (iPhone, Mac, etc.): If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

"If you change your address, the credit or debit card information that you use with your Apple ID might be automatically updated by your financial institution, and you don't need to take action. But if there's an issue [such as you having a subscription or being a Family Sharing Organizer], add a new card first, then remove the old card."

Jul 3, 2023 8:04 AM in response to nchekwube

If you have an active subscription, even a cancelled one, that has not yet expired, you cannot remove the payment method. You can add another payment method before removing the existing one, and it should then let you remove it.

check your subscriptions, click here ➜ If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

If there is a subscription that has not expired yet but is already cancelled, then you will need to either wait until it expires, or ask Apple support directly to terminate it now.

click here ➜ Contact Apple Support

I want to remove payment ,it keep saying there is an active subscriptin on this account that requires at least one pyment on file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.